Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Yep, I've fallen off the face of the planet.

Or at least it seems like I've fallen off the face of the earth.  I can't get my motivation kickin to do much of anything substantial.  For some reason running still feels burdensome to me and I'm grouchy at the 90+ degree days we continue to have here in Central Texas when the rest of the world is celebrating pumpkin season!
I guess I did drag myself up for a couple things recently.  On Sunday, I raced for Run Free Texas in their 80's 8k and scored a 2nd place win for my age group.  I was pretty happy with that .  I however decided that I need to either be older or younger because I was listening to the times of the winners of the other ages groups and I realized I would've smoked them!  Honestly, the 14-20 year old winner had a time of an hour and change (she was obviously walking).  I'm always proud to see people doing any sort of physical activity but I'm jumping on my hypocritical soap box here and saying that I think there should be a maximum time limit (depending on age) to qualify for a medal. Hopping off my soap box now, onto the darn burpee train!  I swear all my fitness classes recently have upped their burpee requirements and my poor neck an shoulders are screaming about it.
Aside from that, I finished a quilt I've been working on for months.  I'm running a 5k with my eldest this weekend.  Finished this book, 3rd in the Across the Universe series.....seriously you've got to read it. We are packing up for a family stay in the DC area.  And that's about it.



Don't forget to enter the CLICK Espresso Giveaway. It ends on the 20th and you've got a good chance of being a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment