Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gala Season! (in my dreams)

golden light metallic dress by Aryn K
While we in DC I was reading up on local culture and found that the weekly newspaper for  Georgetown was entirely dedicated to Gala Season for the fundraising elite.  For fun, I read the newspaper with desire and fantasy.  I imagined would it would be like to stroll into an elaborate evening Gala on the arm of a DC Noble and look like a regal queen.  My reverie was broken by the sounds of squabbling preschools and I was plunged back into my reality.  But since then, every time I see a picture of a glorious dress I add that to my imaginary Gala wardrobe.Night and Daydreams Sandal

If I were indeed invited to such an event I have decided that my dress would likely come form Ruche or ModCloth.  Both retailers offer such whimsically vintage and femanine dresses I know any woman would look beautiful and feel like a queen wearing them.
I just found out that ModCloth now had a new private label (ModCloth Private Label) with the brands; Bea & Dot and Myrtlewood.  Just so pretty.  Maybe this year we'll throw an adults only Christmas Cocktail Party and get to play dress up for a few hours........ok, it's more likely we'll host a cookie decorating party for kids and dress up will included icing covered aprons.  But it's fun to dream!
Do you get to gussy up for anything pretty this season?<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=532051&u=757878&m=43745&urllink=&afftrack=">ModCloth Private Label</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment