Thursday, February 21, 2013

Withdrawal

It has been 10 days since my last work out (a 5 mile run at a 7:50 pace) and I am antsy.  I know that I have another 2 1/2 weeks before I can really lace up my runners again and hit the ground and it might drive me mad.  Physically, I am in no way able to do any serious physical activity.  My stomach is still swollen at the incision point and my torso is bruised and battered. The muscles in my chest are finding their new arrangement and the ones in my abdomen are slowly coming back together.  Despite my physical pain my mind cannot seem to let go of the need for a solid cardiovascular work out. I'm trying to satiate my appetite by reading my favorite running blogs; skinnyrunner, therundownthisrunnersfuel, runeatrepeat, runfastermommy but that just seems to get me twitching more.  I've started and finished another book this week, "Bared to You", something of the trashy sort and strikingly similar to the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.  I've also given into a little "retail therapy" and made some purchases for my spring running, post break wardrobe including a new pair of Pro Compression Marathon Socks priced at 50% right now on Leftlanesports.com, white Brooks  running shorts that'll be great with summer tanned legs, a running tank from Run Pretty Far, and even a new pair of pretty pink TOMS that were on sale this week on Zulily!  What in the world and I going to do with the upcoming weeks?  With any luck, I'll get some clearance next week from my Dr to do some light exercising(walking and other similar lame-o activities) that will at least give me reason to get out my tennis shoes and a pair of athletic  socks! Until then I'll continue to gorge on online shopping and silly stories.
If you have any suggestions please feel free to chime in!

No comments:

Post a Comment