Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Favorites : Shirataki Tofu Noodles

This week I needed an easy low-cal meal and remembered that I had a package of these slimy noodles in my fridge.  It had been a long time since I ate these little goodies and now I really can't remember why I stopped buying them.  I'll admit they are a little smelly at first and the preparation is kind of odd (after rinsing them you have to microwave them and then use a paper towel to soak up any excess moisture) but its just as easy as boiling a pot of water.  The taste and texture is good and with some Laughing Cow Light cheese spread and a dollop of sour cream melted over the top of them they actually taste like regular noodles.  The best part about this little gems though is the fact that they only have 20 calories a serving. This is about a tenth of the calories that regular noodles have.  A real winner if you are looking to cut back on your caloric intake at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment