Monday, July 15, 2013

Momma needs a (couple) new pair of shoes

Ok, it's that time again.  I need to go running shoes shopping.  Here is a picture of the pairs in my closet currently.  As you can see, for the past 9 months or so, I have been a Brooks PureConnect Junkie.  There was actually another pair that I burned through in addition to these 3 but it's since been donated.  I've said it before, I have a crush on Brooks(here & here)  I think the company is awesome for runners and the community.  That said, I'm not sure my next set of kicks will be Brooks.  I've struggled with blisters, lost nails, shin splint, knee pain, IT issues and even some slight licks of what feels like plantar fasciatis during my Brooks love affair.  I'm starting to wonder of my shoes are the culprit.  I've been telling myself that the amount of time I spend in the shoes pounding the pavement is the cause of my distress, but honestly I'm not sure.  In affairs past, I have fallen madly for Mizuno shoes and spent many a mile and several years with them. Does that mean I'm going back to the old lover?  I don't know.  I've changed, my running has changed, the shoes themselves have changed so I really don't know what is in store for me next.  What I do know is that I will be making a trip to my local running shop, Rogue Running, to spend the little $20 gift certificate I won in my last race.  I'll spend some time with the crazy runners who enjoy looking at other runners feet and hear their recommendations for what shoe I need.  Additionally, I think I need to pick up a pair of cross trainers. Since I usually combo my shorter runs with some aerobic/strength training I think I might be causing some extra distress on my running shoes.  So, much to my chagrin, I think it's time I start packing 2 pairs of shoes with me on my combo workout days.  

What are your thoughts?  Do you have a favorite running shoe and do you wear different sneakers for different activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment