Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Favorites: Garmin Forerunner 10


I finally broke down last week and ordered my first Garmin.  It's the entry level model so it's light on bells and whistles but it does just what I wanted.  I have been running with an FitMio digital watch for several years because my husband gave it to me as a gift.  The watch never actually did what it was supposed to and was really only good at keeping time and to use as a stop watch.  I decided that I really wanted a watch that could help me with my pace and give me some new trail ideas with the GPS feature.  I wanted a watch that could keep me moving forward and give me the information that I really needed to up my game a little bit.  Plus, this watch comes in some pretty cool colors.  I ordered mine in green (because I seem to be one of the only women in the world who doesn't feel like pink has to rule my wardrobe!).  I also really like the purple, but since I plan on wearing this watch daily I figured I should shoot for something a little more subdued.
As far as the watch is concerned, I haven't had too much time to use it and give my in depth opinion of it but after opening the package last night I can tell you that I'm definitely excited.  I can't wait to give this baby a try this weekend on some long runs.  Hopefully I can get myself pace-d up a little bit for a fun and fast 5k on the 4th.
That reminds me, what are your plans for our nation's birthday this year?




I received no compensation for this post and all opinions and thoughts are of my own, I just like sharing them with those who care to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment