Monday, April 29, 2013

Leander Lions 5k Recap

Well I did what I wanted to do.  I ran my first race post surgery and am happy with my time.  I finished 1st for my age group with a 23.39  (7.38mm pace).  The race was humid and sweaty but quick and a good time. I volunteered to help with pre-race packet pickups which meant I was at the stadium bright and early. I really want to start volunteering at more races just because I know how much work it takes to put a race  on.  In the end I think they would've been fine without my help but it still felt good to be involved.  I hope to help out with  couple more races this year.

I can't believe I don't have any pictures, well I can believe it.  My camera stopped working last week and I am a part of the 30% of Americans who DO NOT HAVE A SMART PHONE so I couldn't even get a picture that way!  Technically my granny phone has a camera on it but it is no good for any pictures at a distance.
Anyone have any recommendations for a good quick camera or is it possible to live off the pictures on an iPhone (I've been really debating about taking the plunge so maybe this is time),

No comments:

Post a Comment