Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Will I ever race again?

I am feeling very disappointed these days.  I haven't toe'd up to a starting line since the Rogue 30k on Jan 27th!  I planned on running a little 5k a few weeks ago but my husband chose to entertain some friends at the NCAA championships here in Austin so I was in charge of swimming lessons and child care for the weekend which meant no racing for me.  I also intended to run the Austin 10/20 this coming weekend but I still haven't registered yet and am not sure I will.  I keep telling myself the reason I'm not doing it is because the entry fee is so high now(I'm open to sponsorships, btw!), but honestly I think I'm afraid that my fitness level isn't there.  I ran 21 miles last week and felt fine, so I know that I can finish 10 miles but damn the pessimism that keeps creeping in. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and do it!

Are you running the 10/20?

No comments:

Post a Comment