Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Everything I touch.......





BREAKS!!!  
What is the deal this week.  I swear, I am afraid to touch anything anymore.  It started on Saturday when my sewing machine decided to lock up and become useless.  Now let me say, that my sewing machine is one of my staple appliances here in the house.  I use this thing several times a week so it does get a lot of wear and tear, but it's only 15 months old and should last longer than that! I'm off now to take it to the repair center but I honestly don't know if it's worth it.  I suspect we'll be buying a new one.  BTW if you want some fun fabric check out my designs on Spoonflower.com                                                                          
Next on the list of broken items is my dishwasher!  Which decided it was too tired to actually complete a cycle on Monday. Yes, this family of 5 is without an automatic dishwasher right now (it's been replaced by me for the time being).  This appliance has given us fits for the past 3 years and we've finally decided that this is the last straw.   It's a Kitchenaid dishwasher that washes really well but it's also 12 years old and has had to have a good deal of parts replaced recently which I'm tired of.  We made a decision yesterday to replace it with a Bosch model at Lowe's that had a great sales price along with some rebates.  Well naturally the Lowe's closest to our house was out of stock on our model and my poor husband had to run around town late last night to find one in stock.  Now we are just waiting for the delivery/installation.  

Next, I've had several items of clothing this week become ruined for one reason or another.  Ok this might just be because its spring and I'm looking for a reason to update the closets, but I still feel like things are unraveling at my touch! 

Thankfully nothing of necessity has actually broken; I can live without a sewing machine and I am capable of washing dishes and our closets are not empty but I'm really starting to wonder.



No comments:

Post a Comment