Saturday, March 16, 2013

Running away


Friday afternoon capped off a very long spring break week for me.  By the time my husband made it home it was very evident that my frustration and irritability were swelling. He once again kicked me out of the house for a walk.  After a few minutes of strolling along the music on my ipod shifted to to my playlist for running and the music had me picking up the pace.  After not too long I was jogging.  This is still technically 10 days earlier than the doctor has recommended that I do any serious exercise but I'm not sure if I can consider running a serious exercise any more.  It's more of a lifeline.  It felt GREAT.  This was actually more of a jog than a run at the slow pace I was taking but I'll count it.  I took a few strides to get used to my new body.  The implants were definitely noticeable at first but after a short while I forgot about them.  I was acutely aware of my hip flexors as the fresh scar on my hip bones rubbed against my shorts.  I felt good and never had a lick of discomfort.  In fact I considered going further but became annoyed with my abdominal brace shifting around so much that I took it as a sign to slow down a little.  It's nice to back on the path and to get myself back into a fitness routine.


For 2 years now I've been asked "how do you handle twins?"  My stock answer has always been "with a deep breath and a smile."  And while this is still the technique I use to get me through those tough moments I think I've found that the true answer to that question is "physical exercise."  The few minutes to several hours that I take to sweat myself exhausted somehow makes me a better mother and a little more tolerant.  Lets hope that as my routine returns the tantrums of the twin two year olds will subside.....otherwise I will be booking a room at the loony bin!


On a fun note:  I will be sharing a guest post on nutrition and cancer therapy and have a fun new product test/review coming around the bend.  Stay tuned and don't forget to follow me so you don't miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment